A wager is an established term in the gambling industry. It refers to the amount of betting a player has to do to cash out a free bonus. Despite the fact that wagering has existed in online casinos for many years, most gamblers still do not know how to correctly wager and withdraw the winnings. In this regard, in order to dot all the i’s, this article will discuss what is wagering, its ultimate features, as well as the conditions for their accrual and withdrawal. Just learn the major points about the wagering requirements.
Wagering Requirements Explained For Beginners
Since the introduction of these conditions, all gambling sites have developed a common system for calculating it. Most often, it is calculated according to a standard formula, according to which a player has to wager the bonus received with a certain multiplier, such as x20, x40 or x60. The most common variant is considered to be the x40 wager. Its conditions are the same for all gamblers — an online casino user has to put it 40 times on slot machines in order to withdraw the received bonus winnings.
Many newbies do not understand the nature of online casino bonuses, and this is partially the fault of the operators themselves, who benefit from the misunderstanding. The player thinks that the money that a casino promises to credit over and above the deposit will be real money. However, this is not true. As long as you do not meet the terms of the wager, it will only be conditional credits.
What Are The Types of Wagering Conditions?
Types of wagers are designed for different customer groups and can be classified in the following way:
- Starter. Set on casino welcome bonuses or first deposit bonuses.
- Temporary. With a limit on the wagering time.
- Ranking. This is when active players are assigned points, increasing their rating, and allows you to reduce the wagering factor.
- Reanimation bonuses. These are bonuses for players who have reduced their activity on the site. They encourage such customers to restore their playing tone.
What are Additional Conditions for Wagering
Many online casinos, in an effort to protect themselves from various player tricks, impose additional conditions regarding the wagering. For example, common rules are:
- The bonus prize must be wagered within a certain period of time. As a rule, players are given no more than 3 days;
- The size of the maximum bet is often limited. Many casinos have implemented this rule to prevent customers from spending their entire bankroll instantly;
- Bets are only allowed on selected slot machines only. For example, most online casinos ban wagering with roulette, video poker, and progressive jackpot slots. This is explained by such machines that produce more winnings for players and it is not advantageous to gambling operators.
If the gambler has complied with all the rules on bonus wagering, they can easily withdraw it from the system. Virtual casino sites never interfere in the gaming process, but make sure to check whether all the conditions have been met. If the player has violated even one point, the winnings will be cancelled or reduced by several times.
Casinos rarely offer any bonuses without a wager. This is due to potential losses. The wager forces the player to place as many bets as possible. It is because of this need to stretch the game, that operators put a limit on the maximum bet.
In the long run, the institution has a better chance of earning its theoretical advantage. If a player can bet a thousand pounds at a time, the results of bonus games are less predictable. And this is an additional risk.
Online Casino Wagering Requirements of the Bonus Offers
The more attractive the bonus offer looks, the more serious the wager conditions are. The requirements depend on the type of bonus. Please, check any of these promotions to compare:
- A no deposit, or welcome bonus. Does not require a deposit and is given out for registration, but the conditions are the toughest. Often the wager is higher than x50, and other restrictions apply;
- Welcome Package for the first deposit receives beginners. Onlinecasinos charge up to 100% of the deposit amount to the bonus account. This money has to be scrolled through the machines 30-40 times;
- Bonuses for the second, third and subsequent deposits imply extra charges of 25%, 50% or 100% of the amount, which the player contributes to the account. Wagering conditions may be more lenient than for the first deposit;
- Reload promotions are only available to regular customers. They are awarded to players on a weekly or monthly basis on the total amount of deposits or bets played. The wager is rarely higher than x20, which is considered low;
- VIP offers for high rollers are available to players who make large deposits and play big. Clubs set average wagering requirements, but often limit gamers to a small percentage of wagering on slots and other games;
- Free Spins as a bonus offer are also endowed with a wager. The money won in such spins has to be wagered, and the multiplier can be as high as x50;
- Cashback applies to bets lost. Part of the funds can be returned to the player with a small wager.
Why Do We Need Bonuses?
The abundance of bonus offers at online casinos is constantly being updated, which is due to the regular emergence of new popular casinos and the constant competition in the market. Small gifts to players allow gambling sites to attract the user by creating a pleasant environment in which even a loss can bring some sort of bonus.
Internet casinos pay special attention to welcome bonuses, because most players choose a site based on this parameter — the number of free spins and deposit bonuses credited for registration. Of course, the whole variety of bonuses at online casinos are marketing hooks to lure more players. However, it is worth noting that the players themselves in this situation remain solely in the black, as they get the opportunity to enrich themselves for free.
How to Differentiate Wagering on Bonuses
It is worth talking about the wagers that online casinos impose on the bonus and deposit they award. Such conditions are extremely disadvantageous to players because users in such a situation have to wager the amount of 2 times more than in the case of a regular wager. In this regard, gamblers should carefully read the rules on wagering bonuses and only then proceed with the gameplay.
Players should be careful with online gaming sites that do not have a wager. Most often, the advertisement can only indicate the coefficient, for example, x20. In this case, gamblers need to clarify what is imposed on the wager — on the bonus and deposit or only on the bonus money. The difference between these two conditions is enormous, as you can see from the following example:
- A bonus and deposit wager. In this situation, a player who deposits £100 and receives a bonus of the same amount (100% of the deposited amount with wager x35) will have to wager £3,600 (£100+100 x 35);
- Wager on bonus money. Here, for a similar deposit of £100 and the same bonus with wager x35, the gambler will only need to wager £3,500 (based on 100×35).
To get the wagering conditions, it is recommended to contact the technical support of a casino beforehand.
Where Can I Learn About the Wagering Requirements of Bonus?
On any casino site, some sections provide the info about the wager conditions every customer can easily explore and compare before claiming a bonus. Here are three places where you can find the wager information:
- General T&C — Usually found at the bottom of a website’s homepage. You may have to look under Bonuses or withdrawal rules to find the wagering requirement and check it;
- Bonus T&C — Most incentives will include a small area titled terms and conditions that explains the bonus’ conditions and wagering requirements;
- Support Team — just contact the customer support manager to know exactly what are the wager requirements for a certain bonus. You may contact the help centre via live chat, email, or phone. It is better to have a written conversation with support managers to have the details they brought at your fingertips all the time.
All these channels are available to every gambler who wants to figure out an issue and get some winnings from the received promotion.
Wagering Requirements Example
The promotions may vary, but the requirements are practically the same. The bonus wager works according to a simple algorithm:
- A new customer receives a 100% deposit bonus;
- The player deposits £100 into the account;
- There are two amounts — £100 is the user’s money and £100 is the bonus funds;
- The wager in the online casino according to the rules of the promotion is x30;
- Total number of bets — 100×30 = 3,000;
- Then you choose to bet or not.
Thanks to this step-by-step guide, every customer can learn how to wager in a correct way and reduce the risk of losing money.
What Does a Wagering Requirement of 10x, 30x or 50x Mean?
A 10x wagering requirement means that you must wager a bonus ten times before you can withdraw any winnings. If you receive a £100 bonus with a 10x wagering requirement, you must wager a total of £1,000 (£100 x 10) before you can withdraw your winnings. Similarly, if your bonus has a wagering requirement of 30x or 50x, you must wager a total of £3,000 (£100 x 30) or £5,000 (£100 x 50) before you can withdraw any bonus winnings.
How to Choose a Proper Gambling Site
When gambling at any online casino, you should always be clear about how comfortable the conditions are for the player. For a normal game for fun, there should not be any difficult requirements, confusing vague language in the rules, and empty promises. In many situations, it is wise to terminate the relationship with the gaming floor and find a casino that best suits the player’s wishes and requirements.
The main criterion in casinos is adequacy and honesty, which is greatly facilitated by a licence from one of the regulators of gambling on the Internet. The legality of the activities should be checked right away, so as not to be surprised later by strange behaviour and hidden tricks of online casinos. The relationship between a gambler and a self-respecting gaming platform should be business-like honesty and openness, and all the terms and conditions should be clear and understandable.
How to Pick An Online Casino Bonus
Sometimes, players cannot understand which promotion may be good for them while playing casino games (table games or slots). We identify 4 main types of bonuses that casinos offer to players:
- Welcome bonuses. Free spins and a token amount to the deposit account are what can bribe the user and motivate them to register at a particular site. If you do register a personal account at a casino, you should choose the one that offers the most favorable conditions to the player from the start.
- Deposit bonuses. Allow you to increase the amount of money in the deposit account, and therefore the amount to be played. In most cases, deposit bonuses are a percentage of the amount the player deposits into his account. In some cases, deposit bonuses may be supplemented by free spins.
- Reload bonuses. Allow you to maintain the interest and excitement of the player, as well as promote new casino products. Most often, they are limited in time, which motivates you to log into your account and use the gift sooner.
- Cashback and Free spins for those who don’t get lucky. Every player has bad days, and to keep people from leaving the casino site in a bad mood, many sites offer consolation bonuses in the form of free spins or % cashback on loss to the bonus account.
According to the list of promotions, we described above, players can explore and compare the main bonuses to make the right choice finally.
Online Casinos Low Wagering Requirements
Today, plenty of bonuses from reputable operators are available for British players. Some of these promotions have adequate wager but others provide inappropriate conditions that prevent the receiving of bonus winnings. Here is the list of casinos with low wager or even may find an online casino without wagering requirements:
Hyper Casino — 45x Wagering
New players may open an account on the casino site and receive a Welcome Bonus package worth up to £300. If a player makes their initial deposit on the site, they will receive a 100% match bonus up to £100. A player can also receive a 50% match bonus up to £200 on their second deposit. These bonuses are available for 30 days and have a wagering requirement of x45. If a bonus is enabled and part of the total balance, players can stake up to £5. Players from the United Kingdom, Austria, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Norway, India, New Zealand, South Africa, and Switzerland can claim this welcome bonus. T&C’s apply. 18+
PlayOJO — No Wager
Customers can get up to 50 Free Spins + 1 Prize Twister Spin for the 1st deposit — First-time depositors only. Min. deposit £10. The maximum amount of Free Spins is 50. The game, where you can use Free Spins, is called the Book of Dead slot; the spin value is £0.10 each. No wager is applied to this welcome bonus here. The general T&C apply. 18+
Betway — No Wagering
Here players can obtain a Sports Welcome Bonus — the £30 Welcome Offer is credited as a Free Bet at Betway. The minimum of £10 (or the currency equivalent) must be deposited using a valid debit/credit card or PayPal account at Betway within 7 days of a Sports account being registered. There are no wagering requirements on these Free Bets. Winnings will be paid into your cash balance minus the initial free bet amount and are not subject to any additional wagering requirements. The general T&C apply. 18+
William Hill — 40x Wager
Players will receive a 150% deposit match bonus after first deposit — new customers only. Selected games include all Age of the Gods. A player must wager at least 30 times deposit and bonus before making any withdrawals. 40x wagering requirements apply to free spins. Bonus spins and deposit bonus expire after 7 days. 50 Bonus Spins after the first deposit. Max redeemable €10 from your Bonus Spins. 18+
888 Casino — 30x Wagering
New players get a first deposit bonus of 100% up to £100 — if you deposit £20, then you play with £40. To wager the bonus, the player must bet its amount 30 times within 90 days after receiving the bonus. The First Deposit Bonus is not available for deposits made via Skrill or Neteller. Under the terms of this special offer, participating players who make a deposit of £20 or more are entitled to a bonus of 100% of their deposit. 18+
Casino Bonuses Wagering Requirements — How to Compare Bonuses?
If you do not know what kind of bonus to choose yet. It is necessary to highlight the major peculiarities of promotion multiplier conditions. The wagering requirements vary depending on the type of a special offer:
- No deposit bonus — the minimum terms, special withdrawal rules;
- Welcome package — x25-x45 multiplier;
- Free Spins — winnings received from free spins also need to be wagered before the withdrawal. Often the multiplier reaches a value of x40 and higher;
- Cashback — often issued with minimal wagering;
- Tournament rewards — these bonuses provide low or no multiplier.
We always recommend checking the T&C and bonus conditions to avoid tricky situations and securely enjoy favourite games boosting the winnings several times.
How to Wager A Bonus & Get Winnings?
Most players try to learn more about the bonus conditions and a question of wagering occurs For fast and successful wagering, players should follow these guidelines:
- Agree to play with a wager no higher than x40. The optimum is x20 to x30. In this case, gamers will be able to win back the bonus money faster, using a smaller number of bets;
- Choose to play the classic machines with an RTP not lower than 97-98%. Due to this approach, gamers can often collect prize combinations;
- Make the minimum bet on slots with medium volatility. So the gambler will be able to stretch the gameplay and safely meet the conditions of the wager. At maximum bets player risks losing all his bankroll at the start — then the wagering will not be needed.
How to Beat Wagering Requirements at Casinos?
It is quite possible to wager your bonus if you rely on mathematics. You need to know the theory of probability and mathematical expectation. For example, if you put money in the amount of £100 with a wager of x35, the expectation will be about 2.8%. Therefore, it is necessary to choose such machines, where the payoff will be at least 97.2%.
What does it mean if the casino requires a wagering bonus and deposit? In such cases, you need to add the deposit amount to the bonus amount and multiply it by the wager. For example, in the same example, the wagering would actually be 60x if you added 100% to your deposit. After all, then the base will no longer be £100, but £200 and it is this amount that will need to be multiplied by 30.
Be aware of such points. Sometimes it seems like a good deal because the wager is lower than on other sites. But if there will be a rule to add the deposit to the bonus in order to calculate the wagering amount, then that changes the situation.
Hidden Disadvantages of a Bonus Program with a Wager
Often, casinos are not very honest with players, offering them deliberately disadvantageous conditions of the bonus. The disadvantages are not limited to large wager. Consider the most common disadvantageous conditions:
- The wagering amount includes not only the bonus, but also the entire deposit made. Fulfilling such conditions is practically unrealistic;
- The player cannot choose which account to wager from. By default, the money from the bonus account is used first. If you get a large amount of winnings, it will simply go in the wagering credit. It cannot be withdrawn from the casino.
- A player cannot withdraw won funds from the casino until the bonus has been wagered.
- You cannot refuse a bonus wagering. It is imposed on the player when registering or making a deposit.
- The list of games in which the bonus can be wagered is strictly limited. Sometimes gamblers are forced to play unpopular slots with a small return ratio.
According to all these tricky moments, every player should take the choice of bonus seriously and learn the conditions before claiming a promotion.
Things All Players Need to Know about Wager
Because of the numerous conditions, the wager is not as easy as it may initially seem. Often players are not aware of them, as they are sometimes hidden somewhere in the rules and conditions. Knowing them is important, as it will directly affect how wagering goes. Here’s a brief outline of what’s important to look out for when it comes to the wager.
- The Maximum wager. Keep in mind that not any amount can be wagered. This is a common reason for a bonus to be refused, even after the wager has been reached. Some players do not even know that there is such a rule, but a wager limit is always implied. It varies from casino to casino, but in general, it is around £5;
- A time limit. A wager is always a process that has to be completed within a certain time frame. Once you receive the bonus, you are given an average of 24 hours to 30 days. So, be careful and always check the time limit if it is not specified;
- Limitation on games. Almost always the casino publishes a list of games that cannot be played when wagering. Often, you will have to monitor compliance with this rule yourself, as banned games will not be blocked. If prohibited games (for example, table games) are not listed in the bonus terms and conditions, they may be in the general terms and conditions.
Players who achieve high status as part of a loyalty programme are offered favourable wagering terms. The wager is lowered, the list of available machines is expanded, etc. Nevertheless, even in such circumstances, experienced gamers accept such gifts with caution. Many prefer to think not about how to win back a casino bonus, but about real winnings with a quick withdrawal option.Array